Hi. My name is Kim, and I’m a social media expert. I collect Facebook Pages and Instagram accounts like most women my age collect shoes and purses! I have helped over 100 businesses with their social media strategy and content and I love thinking about what makes people click that “like” button! I love finding recipes on Pinterest, catching up with my friends and family on Facebook, and scrolling Instagram Reels on the couch in the evening (coffee-related reels are my current favourite)!
So why am I telling you this? Am I addicted and looking for help? Did someone put me up to this? No! Actually, I’m here today because—strange as it may seem—social media isn’t just about doing fun things like making memes or posting pictures of your lunch on Instagram (though let’s be honest: those might be the best parts). Social media is also an important part of any digital marketing strategy—one that can help you reach new customers, drive traffic to your website, strengthen your brand awareness, and provide an outlet if something goes awry with one of your products or services.
Now what does all this mean? Let’s take a look at five ways in which having a solid social media strategy can improve your business:
- A social media strategy helps you work smarter, not harder
The most obvious benefit of a social media strategy is that it helps you work smarter, not harder. Creating a social media strategy will save you time and headaches!
When I say “work smarter” I mean:
- have a plan for your social media posts, so you’re not starting from scratch every day
- know where you’re leading people, so you have consistent messaging
- get your business in front of the right people, at the right times
- A social media strategy helps you build brand awareness
Social media is a powerful tool for marketing your business and building brand awareness. It can help you build a reputation as an expert in your field, connect with your customers, and even build a community of like-minded individuals who share your interests and concerns. Here’s how:
- You get to showcase what makes you different from the competition. You can show off the best of what you do in photos, videos and blog posts that are tailored specifically to each platform. If you have great customer service or awesome products/services people will want to follow along with what happens next!
- Social media offers another way for potential clients or customers to get familiar with your business without having met them face-to-face before hand (which sometimes takes forever). This means they may feel more comfortable buying something right away instead of waiting until after meeting someone face-to-face first.
- A social media strategy gives you a strong foothold in search results
Social media is a powerful search engine. In fact, it’s the second most popular search engine among millennials behind Google. But did you know social media is also responsible for generating over $7 billion in revenue last year? That’s not to mention all the traffic to websites and blogs that social media drives. So if your business wants more leads and sales, give yourself a fighting chance by establishing an online presence through a dedicated social media strategy.
- A social media strategy helps you connect with your customers and get to know them better
Social media is a great way to connect with your customers and get feedback on products and services. You can also use social media to get feedback on your brand, business, and brand values. When someone has a complaint about your products or services, it’s a great opportunity to showcase your stellar customer service skills and also make adjustments moving forward, to better serve your clients.
- Social Media Helps You Find Out What Your Customers Are Interested In
Social media is an excellent tool for getting feedback from customers by asking them questions about their experiences with your brand or company, as well as other topics related to their interests (like what kind of music they listen too). This information allows you the opportunity not only tailor future marketing efforts based on their personal preferences but also gain insight into how people feel about certain aspects of using your products/services that could help improve those offerings down the line!
- A social media strategy helps you find new customers
- Social Media Helps You Find New Customers
You can use social media to reach out to people who might be interested in your product or service, and who would like to buy from you. It’s a great way to find new customers who are already looking for what you have, which means they’re more likely to be open-minded when it comes to purchasing decisions.
Having a solid social media strategy can help improve your business in many different ways.
Social media is an excellent way to connect with customers and build brand awareness, but it also has many other benefits as well.
As you can see, having a social media strategy can help improve your business in so many different ways.
If you don’t have one yet, now is the time to start implementing one for your business and reap all the benefits of having your very own strategy. You’ll be happy that you did!
If you’ve read to here – congrats! I’d like to offer you a complimentary social media check up. A member of the Small Town Girl Promotions team will take a close look at one of your social media channels, and provide kind and helpful feedback about what’s good and where you can make improvements. This service is regularly $100, but we are offering it to friends of Phil and Kirsty (Pendragon Solutions) as a complimentary service.
To claim, head to www.stgp.ca/inquiry and choose “Social Media Check Up/Audit” from the services drop-down menu. Make sure to tell us that you were referred to us by Pendragon Solutions.